Friday, March 6, 2009

I am feeling a bit more optimistic about life today. I think I am finally starting to belong somewhere, and things are getting exciting.

When last I wrote, we were down in the cogs of Sharn. I haven't even talked about Sharn yet, have I? My goodness.... all right...

Right after I got to Sharn, I went to a bar to have a drink and perhaps rent a room for a night before going to live in one of the city temples. My simple little plan didn't take into account the fact that Sharn is a rough place. Within an hour of my arrival, I found myself running away from a crazy, invisible murderer, and the next day I was wanted for the same murders he committed.

Well, not just me. Me and nine of the other innocent bystanders in the bar that night. I guess it's better than what happened to the REST of the innocent bystanders...

Anyway, those of us who got away were rescued by Evanwroat, this odd little man from the House d'Sivis. In return for his help, I agreed to join up with the other fugitives and run errands for him. I don't know that I agree 100% with everything Evanwroat has asked us to do, but it's better than sitting around.

So that's about where I was when I wrote my last entry (I think that perhaps I am not as steadfast in journalling as I ought to be). We travelled down into the dark, steamy underbelly of the city to collect Evanroat's debts from a bunch of goblins.

When we got back above ground (thank Dol Dorn), we found out that Evanwroat and his wife are planning a party! I am very excited to attend. It will be the first one I've ever been to, and it's a masquerade, so I will even get to look better than I normally do. And Evanwroat's wife hinted that she is inviting some other half-orcs that I am supposed to meet. I'm not sure I want to meet any others like me, but I hate to disappoint her. She is such a sweet woman.

But before we can go to the party, we have to complete another errand for Evanwroat. The favors for the party are missing and we have to go find them. So right now we're marching halfway across Eberron in search of the things, and already we've had to battle with Ankhegs. I wonder what other dangers we'll meet...

I think the perils of adventuring are bringing me closer to my comrades, and this makes me want to sing with joy (if I could only carry a tune).

Dru and I have been fast friends ever since I saved her from a tentacle-inflicted death (twice) down in the cogs. She isn't exactly the most lawful person I've ever met (okay, the girl's a thief), but she seems pretty nice anyway.

Kerowyn and I have reached a kind of understanding. We have a lot in common: we're both clerics, both far away from home, and I think she hates orcs about as much as I do.

I like the warforged. They are quiet and easygoing and don't even seem to notice that I am half-orc. I suppose all organic bipedal creatures must seem pretty similar when you're made of metal.

I don't really know the others well enough to judge if I like them or not, but they all seem like more or less good people.

....all of them except that dwarf bitch. I just can't stand her. If only she didn't sleep in her armor....

I ought not to think such thoughts. Such a thing would be out of line with Dol Dorn's laws.

I shall write more later (I promise I really will this time).

No comments:

Post a Comment