Monday, March 9, 2009

I am a terrible person. I may have wanted to kill Karkanna sometimes, but I didn't actually want her to die! I feel like it's my fault she died, too. If I had just gotten to her a bit sooner, I could have saved her...

Yesterday, on the way to retrieve the party favors, we were attacked by a duo of vicious bears. Although everyone fought valiantly and the new party member did some serious damage, we could not kill them fast enough. Karkanna took massive damage and died almost instantly. We gave her a warrior's funeral and moved on.

I feel terribly guilty. I knew I shouldn't have thought such lawless thoughts about her. She may have been an annoying bitch, but I pray to Dol Dorn that wherever she is now, there is a lot of ale.

After the bear attack, we traveled to a cliff where the AWOL airship was tethered. After levitating up the cliff (I have decided I rather dislike flying), we boarded the ship and discovered the rogue captain tied to a chair. Ru questioned him, and though he seemed confused, we were able to ascertain that he had been unconscious for several days and that his crew and passengers had disappeared into thin air. It's certainly a mystery.

Furthermore, some of the party favors had been destroyed - specifically, a bunch of glass tubes that I am told produce sunlight. I wonder who would have smashed them...

The party is only a few days away! I need to think of a costume. In fact, I should go work on that now. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment