Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It occurred to me that it might be useful to keep track of my thoughts, because it seems as though I'm going to have some adventures. Besides, my current adventure seems to involve a lot of waiting around, and I could use something to occupy me.

So I suppose I should begin at the beginning. I came to Sharn hoping to get a fresh start on my life. But even that isn't really the beginning. The beginning is back in a humble temple, back in Ayandair.

I owe everything to Dol Dorn and His clergy. Without them, I would probably be dead. After the death of my mother, they took me in and raised me in the ways of the temple, never treating me any differently despite my dark beginnings and my hulking, ugly exterior. And yet, I cannot bring myself to accept a quiet life as a temple cleric for the rest of my existence.

I have never felt as though I truly belong there. For one thing, I barely fit in the tiny bedrooms where the clerics sleep. But worse than that, I will never get used to the horrified glances of children as they look upon my frightful visage. Whoever heard of a cleric with tusks?

I am envious of the elven cleric in my party; with her lovely eyes and flowing hair, she looks the part of a graceful healer. (I will elaborate on the rest of my companions later.) In any case, each startled child reminds me of what I am: a monster, the bastard child of my bastard orc father.

I hate my father. I will find him one day. I don't care that I don't know his full name or what he looks like. I will find him, and when I do, he will pay for what he did to my mother.

For what he did to me.


...I don't really feel like writing anymore right now, but I will record more details of my current exploits later.

No comments:

Post a Comment